TV Packs only

MythBusters S08E16 Busters Cut Viewer Special Threequel HDTV XviD-FQM

Username:

Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » Episodes » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#138672] Written by: jugdas [22/07/2010, 17:53]
phuck clip shows. and phuck network execs who are so dumb that they think people don't want new
content when it's a bit sunny.
[#138675] Written by: davee [22/07/2010, 19:58]
Quote by phishybongwaters
obviously half of you guys are retarded, so lets try to get you up to speed.

there's this technology we call television. on that magic box we watch tv shows. those tv shows are
made by companies that have corporate sponsors. they pay for the show to be made and aired, in
return, they get to run commercials during the breaks, have products placed in the show and so on.

a tv show is made to make money, at no point does it every matter if you love or hate it. it also
doesn't matter if you watch it, the only thing that matters is that your are within visual or audio
range of that box while the commercial plays. that my friends is the entire reason for tv. you may
think it's about entertainment, it's not, it's about money.

when a show gets sold to a network, it usually starts with a pilot, a stand alone episode or the
first handful of episodes for a season. if the show does well (people watch the commercials) it
gets "optioned" and they start making episodes. when this happens, the network execs try to find
any way to stretch out the show and make as much money as possible.

the simpsons for example, when originally negotiating the network wanted something like 5 clipshows
a year. and when they say clipshow they mean no new content. thankfully the producers said f$ck
that, worked it down to 1 or 2 a season, and always add new content.

something else that needs to be considered is this strange time period we call a tv season. as in
nature, a season is limited and changes. for television this means they film for half a year then
take a few months off, most networks due their break right now, in the summer. why? because, short
of fat ass losers with no lives, most people go outside and enjoy life during the nice summer, and
probably won't spend too much time glued to the idiot box.

so, instead of running actual reruns, they've produced these clip shows with limited new content.
only an idiot would be confused by this, the tv season is over morons, not just discovery, for
almost everything. then you get showtime and hbo that start now, because they are cable, and know
since most shows are into reruns, the few people actually inside watching want new content.

so, you actually have the balls to complain about this while:

you shouldn't be getting new content now anyways, and are basically stealing as you aren't watching
the commercials or buying the dvds to pay the guys who make the damn show. nothing but a bunch of
ingrateful whiny punk kids with an entitlement complex. grow up, go outside, stand out in the sun
for 10 minutes.

^^
sad little man.

btw, definately a new low releasing yet another clip show as new content.
[#138689] Written by: sizzlemc [22/07/2010, 23:13]
because, short of fat ass losers with no lives, most people go outside and
enjoy life during the nice summer, and probably won't spend too much time glued to the idiot box.

says the windbag as he rants on a website.
[#138697] Written by: yeld [23/07/2010, 04:42]
obviously half of you guys are retarded, so lets try to get you up to speed.

there's this technology we call television. on that magic box we watch tv shows. those tv shows are
made by companies that have corporate sponsors. they pay for the show to be made and aired, in
return, they get to run commercials during the breaks, have products placed in the show and so on.

a tv show is made to make money, at no point does it every matter if you love or hate it. it also
doesn't matter if you watch it, the only thing that matters is that your are within visual or audio
range of that box while the commercial plays. that my friends is the entire reason for tv. you may
think it's about entertainment, it's not, it's about money.

when a show gets sold to a network, it usually starts with a pilot, a stand alone episode or the
first handful of episodes for a season. if the show does well (people watch the commercials) it
gets "optioned" and they start making episodes. when this happens, the network execs try to find
any way to stretch out the show and make as much money as possible.

the simpsons for example, when originally negotiating the network wanted something like 5 clipshows
a year. and when they say clipshow they mean no new content. thankfully the producers said f$ck
that, worked it down to 1 or 2 a season, and always add new content.

something else that needs to be considered is this strange time period we call a tv season. as in
nature, a season is limited and changes. for television this means they film for half a year then
take a few months off, most networks due their break right now, in the summer. why? because, short
of fat ass losers with no lives, most people go outside and enjoy life during the nice summer, and
probably won't spend too much time glued to the idiot box.

so, instead of running actual reruns, they've produced these clip shows with limited new content.
only an idiot would be confused by this, the tv season is over morons, not just discovery, for
almost everything. then you get showtime and hbo that start now, because they are cable, and know
since most shows are into reruns, the few people actually inside watching want new content.

so, you actually have the balls to complain about this while:

you shouldn't be getting new content now anyways, and are basically stealing as you aren't watching
the commercials or buying the dvds to pay the guys who make the damn show. nothing but a bunch of
ingrateful whiny punk kids with an entitlement complex. grow up, go outside, stand out in the sun
for 10 minutes.

it's all true. it is. get on with it.
[#138743] Written by: PlatinumPlayer [24/07/2010, 11:12]
@ phishybongwaters you are the one retarded!!!!

talking about people with no life only watch tv in the summer what bullshit!!! look at the essay you
wrote. you're the one with no life you sad little retard!!!

you are a self hating person! i bet you're still living at home in your mother's dark lonely
basement! fuck off with your long ass opinion no one cares!!! especially when it's self hating you
cunt!!!!
[#138744] Written by: PlatinumPlayer [24/07/2010, 11:14]
@ phishybongwaters you're a dick!!!!
[#138745] Written by: PlatinumPlayer [24/07/2010, 11:20]
@ phishybongwaters. you quoted "because, short of fat ass losers with no lives, most people go
outside and
enjoy life during the nice summer, and probably won't spend too much time glued to the idiot box"

and here you are downloading a tv show. you fucking dumb retard cunt!!!!! you soooooooo full of
crap!!!! to anyone who reads this dumb cunt's comment he is commenting about himself!!!! this dude
is seriously fucked in the head!!!!

i love to meet you in person so i could personally fuck you up with my bare hands you self hating
cunt!!! fuck off and die!!!!!!
[#138751] Written by: juggalo83 [24/07/2010, 13:21]
i actually dontthink ive seen any of these clips can someone tell me were they are from, i must be
missing an episode
[#138970] Written by: Tobsta [28/07/2010, 04:10]
thats some funny stuff. keep up the good work people hahaa.
[#138987] Written by: spacebar [28/07/2010, 12:46]
i agree 100%. in fact, i think they've started running out of cool ideas some time ago.

i think the overall quality of discovery channel has gone down over the last couple of years as well.

for example, all the reality shows that have started popping out, like deadliest catch, american
loggers, etc. these shows are not really educational and imo dont belong in dc.
[#138992] Written by: cds333 [28/07/2010, 15:46]
actually there are lots of shows that are running new episodes now, esp basic cable channels-
'locked up abroad' for example. some shows premiere in the fall, others in the spring... iirc
mythbusters was always on the spring/summer schedule, perhaps they're trying to switch to a
fall/run, idk...

all i know is that they better not be counting this bs "cut" shit as new episodes! (i.e. we better
have just as many new episodes this year as we did the last few) or i'll be seriously pissed!

also i don't think there is any new content at all, they are just other shows cut up as opposed to
actual reruns with the same two or so myths per show...
[#138993] Written by: cds333 [28/07/2010, 15:59]
Quote by spacebar

i think the overall quality of discovery channel has gone down over the last couple of years as well.

for example, all the reality shows that have started popping out, like deadliest catch, american
loggers, etc. these shows are not really educational and imo dont belong in dc.

the same reason sci-fi shows get canceled regardless of how good they are (i.e. dollhouse, firefly,
star trek ent) - because americans are getting stupider every year. the into to idiocracy is sooo
true. americans cant grasp the esoteric concepts portrayed in sci-fi anymore, and just dont care.
the space age is long gone, to be replaced by the lazy-ass, obese, mcdonalds-eatin',
fucking-dumbass age. any shows that make you think too much are no longer popular. all the kids back
in the 60's would grow up wanting to be scientists and astronauts, today they all want to be rappers
and pro-athletes, of course the likelihood of the latter is much, much lower, so they end up being
blue collar, ignorant fat shits instead! i cant agree more with idiocracy- it's coming true more so
every day. america, especially rural america, is full of fat, lazy, ignorant fucks... and that's
where they put all the neilsen boxes!

say goodbye to star trek and dr. who and say hello to dancing with the stars, american idol, and
other stupid fucking reality shows, soon after to be replaced by "the masturbation network" and "ass"...

may the gods have mercy on us all!!!

[#139610] Written by: gwenmaddy [08/08/2010, 07:00]
obviously half of you guys are retarded, so lets try to get you up to
speed...

even though you seem like the kind of person who would find it beneath his or her dignity to post on
message boards, i now see that this is not at all the case. i'd therefore like to express my deepest
gratitude for taking the time out of your undoubtedly busy day to come here to the ungrateful whiny
punk kids' message board and patronize us with your sanctimoniousness. i really don't know what we'd
do without you.

ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]