Login Register
[ Forum » Episodes » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#147217] Written by: Bensen [24/11/2010, 22:05]
is this uk or us version?
[#147218] Written by: Darkknight512 [24/11/2010, 22:10]
us, the group is fqm who is doing the us releases
[#147219] Written by: clebekki [24/11/2010, 22:20]
us version, every 4 minutes there is the annoying ad break related coming up next bullshit....

how can anyone in american watch these on telly, almost every minute they remind what happened a
minute ago and tell you what's gonna happen next, and then tell you what happened 2 minutes ago
etc.......
[#147221] Written by: frantik [24/11/2010, 23:08]
clebekki yeah that is one thing i hate about mythbusters is they spend so much time "resetting" the
show after each break

but at least it's not the uk announcer.. that guy is annoying (and not because he's from the uk)
[#147222] Written by: DJ Gecko [24/11/2010, 23:16]
i guess they figure we have a short attention span. they would have time for more of that "extra
footage" they can never show us if they stopped wasting half the episodes on recaps of what we just
saw 5 minutes ago.
[#147225] Written by: JaggedXJ [24/11/2010, 23:39]
there are plenty of shows on discovery, a&e, and history that do that. makes the episodes feel like
they have half the content. very annoying in the age of the dvr. it could have been justified with
the "what did i just miss?" scenario, but now you can just pause or rewind. will be glad when the
producers catch on.
[#147228] Written by: clebekki [25/11/2010, 00:08]
Quote by jaggedxj
there are plenty of shows on discovery, a&e, and history that do that. makes the
episodes feel like
they have half the content.

i have discovery (3 channels of them) and history channel, and there is only 2-3 ad breaks each one
hour episode. and they cut out the recaps of what happened 4mins ago. sadly, there might be one or
two "coming up next"'s left.

sucks to be european i guess. i miss on all the quality products i shouldn't buy.
[#147232] Written by: pestilence30 [25/11/2010, 01:03]
this is one of the worst things about reality t.v. you would never be watching the walking dead or
whatever with a recap of what you just watched. talk about annoying, try watching hell's kitchen.
you watch what's "coming up", go to commercial, you watch it happen, go to commercial, and then get
to watch a recap of what you just watched twice.
[#147240] Written by: phishybongwaters [25/11/2010, 04:54]
i think i'll take the extra recaps over that shrill uk voice, it just cuts through me.
[#147242] Written by: DiViSiON [25/11/2010, 05:05]
i'd rather get the recaps than that annoying uk narrator.

in my country, we're suppose to learn british english but that accent just annoys the hell out of me.

if they were in ashen's voice (a reviewer from youtube), i'd accept it.

here : http://www.ashens.com/
[#147247] Written by: pogopatterson [25/11/2010, 06:49]
that uk announcers voice is annoying to me and im english. he puts on a childrens tv presenter voice
for it which just comes off as patronising. the us announcers voice while corny fits the show perfectly.
[#147249] Written by: frantik [25/11/2010, 07:21]
yeah that's a good description, "children's tv voice".. the first time i heard it i thought it was a
joke.

i've seen some old old episodes of mythbusters with an aussie announcer.. i didn't like him quite as
much but it wasn't painful like the uk guy

fwiw it seems the uk and us broadcasts of the show are both about 43 minutes long, so either there
is more stuff in the uk version or there are fewer, but longer commercial breaks
[#147255] Written by: bburwood [25/11/2010, 08:33]
well, i just grabbed the ep to see what the announcer was like ... and it's the same one we get
these days here in australia. i can't say i've heard the uk announcer (maybe i'll grab one of those
just to see one day) but the announcer in this version seems to fit the show and its tone well - and
generally i'd expect to have an announcer with a us accent for a us show! heck even phil on the
amazing race puts on an american accent for the show - and he's a kiwi! (new zealander for those who
don't know the term "kiwi".)
[#147277] Written by: itorrent [25/11/2010, 15:39]
Quote by clebekki
us version, every 4 minutes there is the annoying ad break related coming up next
bullshit....

how can anyone in american watch these on telly, almost every minute they remind what happened a
minute ago and tell you what's gonna happen next, and then tell you what happened 2 minutes ago
etc.......

yeah not a fan of that, it's like the difference between the uk and us versions of 'who do you think
you are?' it's like we can't remember more than 5 minutes of what we have watched. plus for who...
the uk version is 60 min long while the nbc one is barely 40.

rant over...
[#147283] Written by: satanicslave [25/11/2010, 16:47]
cheers fqm

keep up the good work.

ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]