Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » Episodes » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#148263] Written by: ockraz [09/12/2010, 21:13]
Quote by pancakes123
i'd rather complain about people who needlessly inject their political views
into mythbusters threads.

frankly, i'd not be so quick to jump on wck. i think the mythbusters are politicizing themselves.
they warmed up the crowd for the stewart rally (which ended up being apolitical, but that was a
surprise to most - eg, npr told its reporters not to go & huffpo was a big proponent even busing
in people.) and they went on olbermann's vile show. unless they've been on the right wing
equivalent (o'reilly or hannity) and i wasn't aware of it, i don't see how else to explain it.
[#148273] Written by: lostalex [09/12/2010, 22:25]
i think this episode was made for teachers to show in the class room. president obama was simply being
creative and hoping to inspire young americans to be interested in science and who better than the
mythbusters to team up with?

the show is based in san francisco, so is anyone really suprised by the mythbusters political leanings??

i prefer the us narrator to the uk, but it's interesting that sometimes you'll here him use australian
terminology for things, i think the script must be written by an australian.
[#148280] Written by: wrecche [09/12/2010, 23:57]
wait did obama say he liked to blow things up?

omg!!! he's admitting teh terrrors attacks!11!!

i new he wers a muslimic..

[#148281] Written by: pancakes123 [10/12/2010, 00:02]
Quote by ockraz
Quote by pancakes123
i'd rather complain about people who needlessly inject their
political views
into mythbusters threads.

they warmed up the crowd for the stewart rally (which ended up being apolitical, but that was a
surprise to most - eg, npr told its reporters not to go & huffpo was a big proponent even busing
in people.) and they went on olbermann's vile show.

i think people surprised by the apolitical tone of the stewart/colbert rally are in the minority.
npr had fox news' overreacting to be cautious of, and the huffington post has been a proponent of
the kind of political discourse championed by this rally for years.

there's also a difference between cast members or crew of a show voicing their political beliefs on
their own time and using the show itself as a soapbox to promote said beliefs.

there's plenty of nuances that can be discussed, but this post and this thread are already too
political. needs to be taken to other sites where the extremists and trolls for both sides muddy
the water up nice and good.
[#148359] Written by: clebekki [10/12/2010, 21:03]
^ what the one above said.

anyway... kari has gotten back her nice figure after the tiny smelly noisy thing got out of her vagina.
[#148606] Written by: DiViSiON [15/12/2010, 10:04]
Quote by wrecche
wait did obama say he liked to blow things up?

omg!!! he's admitting teh terrrors attacks!11!!

i new he wers a muslimic..

now that's not nice. not all muslims are terrorists and not all terrorists are muslims. for example,
if a group of christian guys bomb a few places, does that mean that all christians are terrorists?
obviously not.

the mythbusters like to blow things up. does that mean they are terrorists?
ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]