TV Packs only

Spartacus S02E06 HDTV x264-ASAP

Username:

Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » Episodes » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#178781] Written by: millahnna [02/03/2012, 23:52]
for the avi - http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/7073599/spartacus_s02e06_hdtv_xvid-3lt0n%5bettv%5d

i'm not testing to see if these run on xbox anymore (they usually do but the occasional file still
doesn't)... was just too hit and miss the last few days for me to waste the bandwidth.
[#178785] Written by: kassyopeia [03/03/2012, 00:15]
out of curiosity, did anyone go to the trouble of downloading both the non-scene (3lt0n) and the scene
(2hd) xvid releases last week, in order to compare quality?
[#178787] Written by: gonads90 [03/03/2012, 01:03]
i grabbed the xvid elsewhere and coould not see any difference on au 42inch lcd screen
[#178795] Written by: gkoulias [03/03/2012, 02:09]
thanks for .avi
[#178798] Written by: wrecche [03/03/2012, 02:49]
ahh i got the mkv from elsewhere, as i prefer that (as i have said before, i don't have a personal
issue with the containers, just the way we've all been forced, but hey, nothing says we cant convert
and seed on demonoid or something if we wanna be champions for the cause..) and never have noticed
lower quality despite it being 230megs.

fucking ripper episode tho, man it seems much more brutal than s1, and the inbetween episodes.

and when you have two hot chicks sitting in a bath with their bewbs out, man... that's just worth it
alone

[#178816] Written by: spaceboy68 [03/03/2012, 08:00]
well eztv has become home of the fucking x264 mp4 so i'll be moving on to better sites

fuck mp4 you can try ramming it down someone elses throat
[#178817] Written by: tmbrwolf [03/03/2012, 08:28]
i think i am done at this site, mp4 does me no good, i have a dvd player that will play avi but not mp4
so i have found other sites to use.
[#178820] Written by: billytk [03/03/2012, 08:37]
Quote by millahnna
for the avi -
http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/7073599/spartacus_s02e06_hdtv_xvid-3lt0n%5bettv%5d

i'm not testing to see if these run on xbox anymore (they usually do but the occasional file still
doesn't)... was just too hit and miss the last few days for me to waste the bandwidth.

thanks is great to see someone posting the proper avi releases since eztv only posts the crap now
[#178827] Written by: eazbak [03/03/2012, 09:05]
do you people moaning about how "the scene" has changed from avi to x264/mp4 know why they
have done this? it looks like the answer is no. they aren't doing this for you, they despise you, you
are everything they hate. they rip things for points/kudos, the fact that their rips filter down to p2p
irritates them, you bring their existance to the attention of the lawyers that represent the content
providers of the things they rip.

basically get over the fact that they've changed the release rules from avi to x264/mp4, if your aging
dvd player doesn't support the new file formats go buy a
[#178836] Written by: millahnna [03/03/2012, 12:01]
funny... i have no problem finding the avi releases on the newsgroups (usually within minutes of the
mp4 releases). and it's not my dvd player that doesn't support the format but my xbox 360. it
plays some of them but not all, probably because of codec problems i would imagine. no skin off my
back though. i know how to find the avi's from the non-sketch uploaders and i'm happy to continue
to share the links for the shows i watch for those that aren't as search saavy.
[#178845] Written by: zaphod373 [03/03/2012, 16:19]
Quote by eazbak
do you people moaning about how "the scene" has changed from avi to x264/mp4 know why
they
have done this? it looks like the answer is no. they aren't doing this for you, they despise you, you
are everything they hate. they rip things for points/kudos, the fact that their rips filter down to
p2p
irritates them, you bring their existance to the attention of the lawyers that represent the content
providers of the things they rip.

basically get over the fact that they've changed the release rules from avi to x264/mp4, if your aging
dvd player doesn't support the new file formats go buy a
[#178849] Written by: billytk [03/03/2012, 17:07]
lol @ eazbak like he has a clue why anyone does anything, if they didn't want the praise from the
public they would rip and encode crap like news broadcasts and documentaries on paint drying not top
entertainment shows that people want good avis of.
[#178851] Written by: SoulJah [03/03/2012, 18:35]
Quote by zaphod373

do you people moaning about how "the scene" has changed from avi to x264/mp4 know why they
have done this? it looks like the answer is no. ok eazbak, tell us where to find the statement,
from the scene, which relates to their reason for the change, or do you just think you know their
reason for the change, i suspect the latter

- x264 has become the most advanced video codec over the past few years. -
- compared to xvid, it is able to provide higher quality and compression at -
- greater sd resolutions. it also allows better control and transparency over -
- encoding settings. with crf in the mix, we can also ensure that a diverse -
- array of material will get the most appropriate bitrate for them and not -
- arbitrary and fixed sizes. this standard aims to bring quality control back -
- to sd releases. there are many standalone players/streamers such as tvix, -
- popcorn hour, wdtv hd media player, boxee, xtreamer, ps3, xbox 360, ipad, & -
- hdtvs that can playback h264 and aac encapsulated in mp4.

http://pastebin.com/vxkwaw8l

[#178852] Written by: pixelslut [03/03/2012, 19:11]
keep pissing and moaning - im sure its going to make a difference. in other news... great fucking
episode.
[#178854] Written by: Eyeball97 [03/03/2012, 19:35]
Quote by souljah
Quote by zaphod373

have done this? it looks like the answer is no. ok eazbak, tell us where to find the statement,
from the scene, which relates to their reason for the change, or do you just think you know their
reason for the change, i suspect the latter

- x264 has become the most advanced video codec over the past few years. -
- compared to xvid, it is able to provide higher quality and compression at -
- greater sd resolutions. it also allows better control and transparency over -
- encoding settings. with crf in the mix, we can also ensure that a diverse -
- array of material will get the most appropriate bitrate for them and not -
- arbitrary and fixed sizes. this standard aims to bring quality control back -
- to sd releases. there are many standalone players/streamers such as tvix, -
- popcorn hour, wdtv hd media player, boxee, xtreamer, ps3, xbox 360, ipad, & -
- hdtvs that can playback h264 and aac encapsulated in mp4.

http://pastebin.com/vxkwaw8l

finally someone who knows what he's talking about. i thought i was alone...

don't you just love all the "i don't like this i'm leaving" comments... to all the detractors - bye
bye, and don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out!