Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » Episodes » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#198360] Written by: meixente [13/04/2013, 03:01]
farewell spartacus.
i'm going to miss it.
[#198361] Written by: cameltoe [13/04/2013, 03:04]
i think this version goes off-sync? downloaded identically named episode via pb earlier. watched
with mpc-be. deleted the file though.
[#198364] Written by: aroyals [13/04/2013, 03:46]
i've got a good feeling about this one..

spartacus, ganicus and agron riding off into the sunset happily ever after
[#198365] Written by: FuryX [13/04/2013, 04:21]
lol you should read up on history ;p

also the series comes to an end. what an epic journey.

they should do a rome story after sparatcus.

the credits was amazing
andy w "i am spartcus!"

so sad to see this series come to an end, going to miss it heaps.
[#198370] Written by: aroyals [13/04/2013, 06:26]
lol you should read up on sarcasm ;p
[#198371] Written by: meixente [13/04/2013, 08:02]
there were rumours that the producers wanted to do a spin-off based on cesar character.
[#198375] Written by: DeadCell79 [13/04/2013, 09:24]
the bringer of rain, god of the arena, and the undefeated gaul. epic finale.. gutted its all over
loved the end credits as well. i am spartacus
[#198377] Written by: rafvne2 [13/04/2013, 09:41]
loved the whole series.
just one question though... wasn't spartacus supposedly crucified along the road to rome along with
others?
[#198378] Written by: rafvne2 [13/04/2013, 09:46]
Quote by aroyals
i've got a good feeling about this one..

spartacus, ganicus and agron riding off into the sunset happily ever after

yup... i too was expecting this kind of ending... what a twist though. right?
[#198388] Written by: Honkus [13/04/2013, 12:11]
Quote by rafvne2
loved the whole series.
just one question though... wasn't spartacus supposedly crucified along the road to rome along with
others?

the fate of the actual spartacus is pretty vague... they didn't have 24/7 news coverage in those days.
loads of rebel slaves were crucified on the via appia though. if spartacus was among them? who knows?
[#198389] Written by: [13/04/2013, 12:35]
great, great series. how long will it be before starz reproduces anything like this again. script
writing, just superb. story line, kinda perfect for an historical mostly make believe historical drama.

perhaps they could rework a shakespearean drama in the same vane, who knows, but this model
seriously worked. i miss it already :{

oh and btw, there is no historic record of spartacus being captured. who knows, perhaps he got back
to thracia, his body was never found. in any event the slave uprising heralded (and i mean herald
as in 'announce the beginning of') the end of the roman empire in europe. it held on in almost
modern day turkey for some time, but - hey go read it for yourselves, interesting stuff.
[#198391] Written by: rafvne2 [13/04/2013, 13:08]
i see...
well i'm not a scholar on the subject, and i'm assuming that my general "feeling", could be tainted
by original movie, where kirk douglas famously gets crucified at the end.
(i remember watching it when i was... i don't know maybe 8y/o... i cried my eyes out like a little
kid, possibly cauz' i was one)
[#198394] Written by: meixente [13/04/2013, 14:13]
Quote by bakalite
great, great series. how long will it be before starz reproduces anything like this
again. script
writing, just superb. story line, kinda perfect for an historical mostly make believe historical drama.

perhaps they could rework a shakespearean drama in the same vane, who knows, but this model
seriously worked. i miss it already :{

oh and btw, there is no historic record of spartacus being captured. who knows, perhaps he got back
to thracia, his body was never found. in any event the slave uprising heralded (and i mean herald
as in 'announce the beginning of') the end of the roman empire in europe. it held on in almost
modern day turkey for some time, but - hey go read it for yourselves, interesting stuff.

i agree with the fact that it is not know what happen with spartacus. but, saying that this slave
uprising heralded the end of the roman empire it's pretty bold. first, at that time roma was a
republic, not an empire. it didn't became an empire until a few years after, around the time of
julius cesar dead according to some, or when augusto defeated mark anthony according to others. in
any case, roma continue to grow in power during almost 2 centuries after spartacus uprising. so, a
bit bold your statement.

ant yes, i think all of us remember the crucifixion of michael douglas in spartacus movie. but it's
true that crassus ordered the crucifixion of hundreds of slaves as an advise to the consequences of
future slave uprisings.
[#198395] Written by: rafvne2 [13/04/2013, 15:44]
so it was michael hu? i thought it's been so long ago it must have been kirk .

anyways... so what other shows are you guys watching now (similar genre)?
i currently watch "the game of thrones", and recently "vikings".

any other worth watching that i may have missed?
i hope, as someone suggested, they will do that julius cesar spin off. how he came to power and what
not, that could be interesting.
[#198412] Written by: Carcarion [13/04/2013, 19:05]
you will be missed grant ty for giving us spartacus
ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]