TV Packs only

Resurrection US S01E01 HDTV x264-LOL

Username:

Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » Episodes » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#211667] Written by: decanos78 [10/03/2014, 21:06]
watched this yesterday, was pleasently suprised at it, it has that freaky wierdness of "under the dome"
about it, not bad for a 1st episode, will definatly watch a few more to see where it's heading.. hopefully
to my weekly watch list..
[#211671] Written by: BoonesFerry [10/03/2014, 22:03]

show information page:
http://eztv.it/shows/996/resurrection-2014-us/
show description, air dates, show resources, and torrent links.
updated: march 07, 2014

[#211710] Written by: wolvie38 [11/03/2014, 11:36]
well, not too bad of a start. very drama based, and the only connection i see to "under the dome" is
the creepy small town usa environment.

i'll watch another ep or so, but suspect this will be more for the wife than myself
[#211713] Written by: ockraz [11/03/2014, 13:40]
i honestly don't know what to make of this. it was certainly well executed. the acting and script
were more than adequate. the camera work- especially the exterior shots - was very nice. it reminded
me of the town surrounded by rural woodsy areas where i grew up. i can't tell where this is going
yet, though. the pretty nature shots seem to have crowded out or at least slowed down the plot
development - as if the pilot was taking its cues from malick films!

the opening scene reminded me of the best lost episodes. the scene with the (at that point)
unidentified creepy whistling man did remind me of under the dome. other moments with the kid
evoked the execrable touch. the reunion with family separated by the passing of time made me
think of 4400 and taken. it could be ever so slowly headed in any of these directions. i don't mean
by that that it would necessarily have similar plot lines, but that it could be similar in terms of
tone, tropes, and genre conventions.

it could be a convoluted and somehow never truly frightening or sinister techno-mystical abrams
conspiracy, or stephen king's regular small town folks adjusting to magic, syrupy sappy new age
spiritual crapulence, or hyper-advanced technology which (ala arthur clarke) can't be distinguished
from magic. the only possibilities suggested by the premise and setting which have been completely
excluded as a tonal models for the show are the campy and completely juveniles insanity of ryan
murphy's grand guignol and the genuinely disturbing surrealism of twin peaks.

[#211723] Written by: sakura [11/03/2014, 19:36]
am not sure where the story will lead, the first episode was fine but it didn't give me much, it
left me with many questions and am not sure if it was intentional or not
i guess i have to wait and see
[#211736] Written by: decanos78 [12/03/2014, 01:59]
Quote by sakura
am not sure where the story will lead, the first episode was fine but it didn't give me
much, it
left me with many questions and am not sure if it was intentional or not
i guess i have to wait and see

felt the same also.. but i gather its down to the fact that most shows will do a double
episode showing for its 1st air date showing these days, maybe episode 2 will answer
some of those questions.
[#211754] Written by: fattywads [12/03/2014, 12:22]
under the dome was terribad!
[#211756] Written by: decanos78 [12/03/2014, 13:23]
Quote by fattywads
under the dome was terribad!

under the dome to me was a change in genre for me, not many shows like that come
onto telly like that these days, i think people are just biased against it because it had
alot of suspence/mystery theme to it, i mean.. it was not telling you everything in one,
or even a few episodes, as to what a lot of shows are doing as of late.. one episode stories,
shows doing this for example are.. supernatural, being human, walking dead, the list goes
on.. very few shows as of late spread out one story over a season especially ones that
has freaky/keep you guessing stories in them.

a show thats like this atm is helix.. but that shows just got too wierd, i cant even remember
what the point of the show was.. lol.. be glad when its over.. another show.. resurrection, i
got a sneaky feeling this shows going to go down this road too, keep you guessing till the last
episode.

besides.. under the dome couldnt have been that bad cos it was granted a season 2 and
steven king is going to write a few episodes for it, he's doing the 1st episode of season 2
also, so it must have done something right in the ratings.

as i said i think it just all comes down to what you like.. if we all liked the same thing.. the
world would be very boring... not to mention tv..
[#211831] Written by: willrob [14/03/2014, 20:00]
i read the book that this show is based on -- the returned by jason mott-- lured in part by the
french tv show with the same name (shown on the sundance channel here). that show was based on a
french film called they came back which in turn was based on a japanese movie. the mott novel, the
returned, was written independently and takes a poetic/emotional/political approach and rather than
the resurrection taking place in a single community, expands the concept to include the whole world.
the logistics of housing and feeding all the resurrected becomes such a problem that martial law is
declared, and camps set up to house them (after they are plucked from the families they have been
returned to). so i suspect that is the direction this series will take, while focusing, as does the
book, on a small representative group of families.
[#211863] Written by: mikey-bizzle-2010 [16/03/2014, 13:42]
really enjoyed this myself!
[#211904] Written by: Chouette [17/03/2014, 16:00]
i really liked this first episode and will watch the second one in a bit. it reminded me also of 4400
and the return. loved them both and i will continue watching this one until the end...

i don't really know why someone would relate this show to under the dome, except for the weird
things happening lol
[#212175] Written by: Cebollas [25/03/2014, 01:33]
Quote by mikey-bizzle-2010
really enjoyed this myself!

i did too. have episodes two and three to watch and wonder. ^^
[#217306] Written by: BoonesFerry [06/09/2014, 20:00]

[archiving data - removed from show information page]

season 1 -- 8 episodes
1x01 -- mar 09, 2014 -- the returned
1x02 -- mar 16, 2014 -- unearth
1x03 -- mar 23, 2014 -- two rivers
1x04 -- mar 30, 2014 -- us against the world
1x05 -- apr 06, 2014 -- insomnia
1x06 -- apr 13, 2014 -- home
1x07 -- apr 27, 2014 -- schemes of the devil
1x08 -- may 04, 2014 -- torn apart

show information page:
https://eztv.it/shows/996/resurrection-us/
show description, air dates, show resources, and torrent links.

ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]